Re: ULA-C (Was: Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it)

On Sep 20, 2007, at 6:44 AM, <michael.dillon@xxxxxx> wrote:

Not to mention sites that are more than 30 hops away from each other. I've seen traceroutes that go up to 27 hops so I imagine that the hopcount diameter is once again becoming an issue as it was prior to 1995.

That was in many respects a host problem - hosts initialized TTLS to 32, and in so doing limited themselves to that diameter. I believe most hosts now set the magic number to 64. Do we believe that we are pushing that boundary?