Re: IPv6 addresses really are scarce after all

On Aug 17, 2007, at 4:05 PM, Keith Moore wrote:

It seems likely that cable mso's similar will dole out /64's to
customers one at a time, I suppose that's acceptable if not necessarily desirable and will probably still result in the use of nat mechanisms in
end systems.

that's COMPLETELY unacceptable.

Interesting.  Here we have a finite resource with clear, non-zero value
that is being allocated by duly appointed numbering authorities based on
need and then subsequently being allocated to end-users.  Where's the
issue? If you have a beef with only getting a /64, I'm sure that the MSO
would be MORE than happy to give you more.  For a price.

If something is unacceptable here, its because your expectations aren't
being met.  Is it the policies that are unreasonable?

Tony