Re: Annoying auto-reply messages

As the victim of an overzealous IT department (witness my out-of-office
messages and clueless legal disclaimers that basically say nothing),
sometimes even those with a clue haven't a chance :-(

On 7/11/07 6:40 AM, "John C Klensin" <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ole,
>
> In the old days, the Secretariat and, in particular, the IETF
> Exec Dir, monitored the IETF list.  If someone sent a vacation
> message to the list, or back to the Secretariat for
> Secretariat-posted announcements (to either IETF@ or
> ietf-announce@), the assumption was that the individual involved
> lacked sufficient clues to be on an IETF list and the address
> was quietly unsubscribed.
>
> I guess that, as things have gotten more automated and
> larger-scale, we have lost the ability to apply simple solutions.
>
>      john
>

> --On Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:50 AM -0700 Ole Jacobsen
> <ole@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Is there a way we could have these things filtered at the
>> source?
>>
>> "Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:48:04 +0200
>> From: jburguet@xxxxxxx
>> To: ietf@xxxxxxxx
>> Subject: Autoreply: Last Call: draft-hunt-avt-rtcpxnq (BT's
>> eXtended  Network Quality RTP Control Protocol Extended
>>     Reports (RTCP XR XNQ)) to Informational RFC
>>
>> I am out (on vacation :) ) until next 16 July. See you then."

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.