RE: Domain Centric Administration, RE: draft-ietf-v6ops-natpt-to-historic-00.txt

> From: David Conrad [mailto:drc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

> I am also a bit confused how a "dual stack" transition strategy to
> IPv6 is going to work when the IPv4 address free pool is
> exhausted in a few years without some form of NAT/ALG, but
> maybe that's just me.

Perhaps the idea here is that when the IPv4 pool is exhausted, people will be forced to use IPv6.

If so it comes from the same school of politics that led folk to say 'IF NXT means that DNSSEC can't be deployed in .com that's a good thing because it will force people to reduce the size of .com'. That is an actual quote from a real DNSEXT meeting.

Its not going to work that way. All we will end up with is hyper-NAT.