RE: Last Call: draft-ietf-opsec-filter-caps (Filtering and Rate Limiting Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure) to BCP

I don't understand "BCP." Information RFC yes. Something that can be use
for requirements yes. But Best Common Practice? How is an operator's "I
wish my equipment can do this in my network" become a BCP?

IESG - I think we are abusing the BCP system. It states:

   A BCP document is subject to the same basic set of procedures as
   standards track documents and thus is a vehicle by which the IETF
   community can define and ratify the community's best current thinking
   on a statement of principle or on what is believed to be the best way
   to perform some operations or IETF process function."

Which means we should be going through the same lifecycle of document
status as the standards track.

What we are getting now is the equivelent of a straight to Internet
Standard status.