RE: IANA registration constraints

If the repository is active, rather than passive this is of course possible.

For example we might map out a DNS spec within the .arpa TLD and use it to distribute machine readable descriptions of the code points. Something of the sort could be done for EUI-48 and -64 space as well of course.

It does increase leverage and the ability to enforce assignments to a degree but only to the extent that running code actually refers to the registry and only if there is no possibility of setting up a rival registry.

At the end of the day it is impossible to prevent a fork here, there is no magic token in the Internet architecture that says 'mine'.

I suspect that if we ever get to the point where the DNS root is signed that there will be multiple signature authorities and multiple signing keys involved.