Re: 6bone space used still in the free (www.ietf.org over IPv6 broken) (Was: why same names, was Re: NANOG 40 agenda posted)

The IPv6 connectivity problems, at least the ones that I and some
others encountered, where resolved yesterday.

Thanks to all the folks involved who made that happen!

Mike Leber wrote:
[..]
> Would you similarly disconnect a nonresponsive customer because they used
> a /30 from RFC1918 space on a point to point link with you?

That link should not have existed in the first place. Also RPF filters
would catch any packets being sourced from that block.

[..]
>> Of course, Neustar, who are hosting www.ietf.org, might also want to
>> look for a couple of extra transit providers who can provide them with
>> real connectivity to the rest of the world.
>
> That won't renumber Bill Manning's links if that is the problem you are
> trying to fix.

Not much to fix when the person in question doesn't want to fix it.
That comment was more meant to point that Neustar should have multiple
upstreams.

[..]
> BTW, Jeroen does have a valid beef, ipv6@xxxxxx used to not be
> handled by our normal engineering staff.  It was somebody's part
> time side project. This has changed with the migration of our IPv6
> network into our core. Since IPv6 is available via all core routers
> for customers on the same links as their IPv4 connection, all
> Hurricane network engineers are now required to be able take care
> of issues with it.

That is great to hear, keep the good work coming!

Greets,
 Jeroen