Re: On the IETF Consensus process

On 2007-05-26 00:46, Lakshminath Dondeti wrote:

Coming to the fear of retaliation issue (I guess we are talking about unethical behavior on part of an IESG or IAB member at this point), we need to find a way to fix that. On this, we seem to be worse off than the outside world. Let's take the US as an example (or we can take India too; I am sorry, but those are the only two countries I am somewhat familiar with): there are always checks and balances.

That's exactly why we have the appeals process, the recall mechanism,
and an independent Nomcom. And speaking for myself (and probably
others) that's why more transparency is always good, as long as
it doesn't prevent the IAB and IESG being able to discuss frankly.

If you can suggest additional checks and balances, please do!

   Brian