RE: Last Call: draft-ietf-enum-xmpp (IANA Registration for Enumservice 'XMPP') to Proposed Standard

> In the Introduction, this I-D says:
>
>     RFC 4622 [6] registers an Internationalized Resource Identifier
>     (IRI) [5] and Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) scheme for
>     identifying XMPP entities.
>
> There is no such thing as an IRI scheme, so the author may want to
> correct the text; here is suggested wording:
>
>     RFC 4622 [6] registers a Uniform Resource Identifier
> (URI) scheme for
>     identifying an XMPP entity as a URI or as an Internationalized
>     Resource Identifier (IRI) [5].

Peter,

Thanks for performing that review - I have changed the text in the
Introduction as you suggested:

   RFC 4622 [5] registers a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) scheme for
   identifying an XMPP entity as a URI or as an Internationalized
   Resource Identifier (IRI) [4].  The Enumservice specified in this
   document allows the provisioning of such "xmpp" URIs (and the URI
   representations of "xmpp" IRIs) in ENUM.

> There are some errors in RFC 4622, which I have attempted to
> correct in
> draft-saintandre-rfc4622bis:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc4622bis-00.txt
>
> However, I don't think those corrections materially affect the ENUM
> registration in draft-ietf-enum-xmpp. To verify that
> statement, refer to
> the following diff:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=http%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org
> %2Frfc%2Frfc4622.txt&url2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xmpp.org%2Finternet
> -drafts%2Fdraft-saintandre-rfc4622bis-00.txt&difftype=--hwdiff

Thanks for pointing that out - i don't see any changes which are
relevant to the Enumservice registration.

Alex