RE: [Geopriv] Confirmation of GEOPRIV IETF 68 Working Group Hums

But how does my application access it?

DHCP is not something that an application layer program should be allowed to perform. It is a security issue. For good reason performing DHCP operations requires privileges beyond mere network connectivity on Windows.

That is why configuring application programs from DHCP never caught on.