A little comic relief.... was: RE: NATs as firewalls

I encountered this article, perhaps worth seeing a lay-person's views on
the subject. If not, however, I particularly like the little excerpt
they use to some up NAT discussions:

<http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/ipv6.ars>

This is usually when someone brings up NAT. Home routers (and a lot of
enterprise equipment) use a technique called "network address
translation" so that a single IP address can be shared by a larger
number of hosts. The discussion usually goes like this:

    "Use NAT, n00b. All 1337 of my Linux boxes share a single IP and
it's safer, too!"

    "NAT is not a firewall."

    "NAT sucks."

    "You suck."