Re: Last Call: draft-klensin-norm-ref (Handling Normative References for Standards Track Documents) to BCP

--On Monday, 26 February, 2007 13:45 -0500 Sam Hartman
<hartmans-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd be happy with this title change.  Does anyone object?

No.

And, while I sympathize with the problem Tom discusses, the
solution lies, IMO, in at least a 2026 replacement and probably
some rethinking of the standards process, not in tuning this
document or its direct predecessor.   I proposed just such a
rethinking with ISDs, which would have made this whole
conversation irrelevant, but have been convinced to go out of
that business.

    john