Re: Last Call: draft-mcwalter-uri-mib (Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) MIB) to Proposed Standard

On 2/23/07, Adrian Farrel <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The reference to RFC3986 includes "..., Was Internet-Draft ...." It is
unusual to include reference to the I-D that has subsequently become an RFC.
Probably best just to leave this text out.
Ditto RFC3305, RFC3414, and RFC3415.

Sorry, this one is my fault - I generate a set of include files for
xml2rfc that has nearly all of the info that I know about a document,
which I built to try to help me notice (if I ever read the references
section of my own documents) when I've accidentally referred to an I-D
that's been published or obsoleted, etc etc.  David used them (I'm
actually a bit curious how, I do make them available for rsync but I
didn't think I had told anyone about that) and so got the extra info.

He's taken kind of a beating for it so I feel particularly bad.

 Bill