RE: SRV records considered dubious

> From: Keith Moore [mailto:moore@xxxxxxxxxx]

> okay, fine.  while I'm sure they're useful, wildcard prefixed
> DNS records is not a problem that I've seen a pressing need to solve.

Neither do I as a matter of fact. In the case of DKIM base it is utterly unnecessary. We don't want that feature.

The point is that given two technical choices some people assert that the inability to support wildcards means that only the choice that is unacceptable to me is viable, hence the need to demonstrate that the acceptable solution is equally viable.