Re: Risk of Laptop Seizure by Customs or Border Patrol Officers ...

Cisco had a case in which a traveller had their laptop detained and its disk copied by border authorities in Ben Gurion Airport. There was some embarrassment related to customer-confidential files, which some at Cisco believe may have been the objective of the border service.

That said, I have been through many airports, even US ones, and not had this issue.

What I would suggest is that people encrypt confidential information on their laptops, and perhaps the entire laptop.