Re: WG Review: Recharter of Internet Emergency Preparedness (ieprep)

    Fred> I have to say that my discussions with US DoD and DHS/NCS,
    Fred> and with their counterparts in other countries, doesn't
    Fred> suggest that the set of technical mechanisms is all
    Fred> specified. If we're looking only at voice, it is maybe so,
    Fred> but they're not looking only at voice.  Questions abound
    Fred> around the mechanisms for sending an email and ensuring that
    Fred> it is delivered in a stated time interval on the order of
    Fred> minutes or that an indication of failure is returned to the
    Fred> sender, and other things.

Fred, if there are parts of the problem that clearly fall within the
IETF, can you work on a narrowly focused charter that clearly says
what you're going to work on and shows:

1) Why it is within the IETF's scope

2) What you plan to do?

>From the current charter I would have no idea at all that you were