Re: [Int-area] Re: Last Call: 'An IPv6 Prefix for Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash Identifiers (ORCHID)' to Experimental RFC (draft-laganier-ipv6-khi)

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 10:10:48AM +1100, Geoff Huston wrote:

> >But this is enough about my opinions.  Please
> >state your opinion -- in the interest of not
> >replicating this discussion on multiple lists,
> >send follow-ups to ietf@xxxxxxxxx
>

> 3 last call comments:
>
> Secondly, in Section 7 the IANA allocation is described as
> "temporary", yet there is no definition of what "temporary" means in
> this context. The authors should be consulted to define "temporary"
> in terms of clear instructions to IANA (e.g. unitil otherwise
> instructed by the IESG, or for 5 years from the data of the allocation,
> etc).
>
> regards,
>
>     Geoff Huston

	as i recall, there is already precident for the length of
	"temporary" delegations.  Back in the previous century, the IANA
	tended to treat "temporary" delegations for experimental purposes
	to a 12 month window.

	Five years is effectively permanent.

	that said, i'm happy w/ the rest of the document.

--bill