RE: [Nea] UPDATED: WG Review: Network Endpoint Assessment (nea)

Keith Moore writes...

> what the WG charter says and how the WG output is used are
> different things.  IMHO we need to consider the potential
> unintended consequences of our efforts in IETF, not just what
> we intend.  network operators do not limit their use of
> technology to what we write in applicability statements.

Should I infer from this sentiment that you believe that the IETF ought
to refrain from standardizing any technology that could be used by
public or private network operators to discriminate against certain
classes of clients, based on the "posture" of their hosts?

I'll point out that only certain kinds of discrimination are
undesirable, i.e. discrimination against protected classes.  Other kinds
of discrimination, e.g. helping to maintain a "safe computing"
environment within a network, are highly desirable.