Re: draft-iesg-discuss-criteria

Just a couple of points since I think my colleagues have covered
most of this.

matches that at <http://www.ietf.org/u/ietfchair/discuss-criteria.html>,

Note that this document is part of the current informal set of
operational notes, and is pretty sure to become an early ION under
RFC 4693, as soon as the ION system is up and running. In other
words it's a living document and not frozen legislation.

and requires two-thirds "yes" and not more than two "no" votes.

etc. What these ballotting procedures are about, IMHO, is to allow the
IESG to work in something close to a "consensus if possible,
rough consensus otherwise" mode *and* to take decisions reasonably
quickly when the consensus is rough. (And yes, we know we are not
always reasonably quick.) But they all fit under the clause in
RFC 2026 that refers to "collective judgment of the IESG."

   Brian