Re: Re: Last Call: 'Procedures for protocol extensions and variations' to BCP (draft-carpenter-protocol-extensions)

On 9/6/06, Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A significant proportion of HTTP traffic takes place over non TCP protocols today.

yes, but only as a client-to-proxy protocol.  you won't find many web resources
hosted on cell phones.

This is true, but there are many other non-TCP HTTP deployments, like
some of the "content delivery" technology that's out there.

I think we're off on a tangent. Requiring TCP wouldn't change any of
the realities we're discussing, so it's not a bug in the HTTP spec.

--

Robert Sayre