Decision to Reset the NomCom Process

Hello All,

There have been some concerns expressed on this list about the decision to reset the NomCom process.

There were some strong concerns about the first running of the process, ones which may have resulted in a challenge. The process has now been re-done cleanly.

I was looking forward to working with the first committee selected. But, the decision had to be made, and after careful consideration, I believed this was on balance the best option.

I'm looking forward to working with the new committee, and expect the rest of this years NomCom will go smoothly and efficiently.

Moving forward, I encourage the community to revise RFC 3777 to improve the process where it is deemed necessary. I am happy to share my observations on how the logistics might be improved, or on how a tool could be developed to assist future nomcoms.

Andrew