Re: IESG response and questions to the normative reference experiment (draft-klensin-norm-ref-01.txt)

> Let's be clear that the experiment wouldn't automatically release
> all of those 25 documents.  It would only allow ones to be released
> that refer (normatively) to
>    "o  Internet-Drafts of Standards Track documents for which IESG review
>        has been completed and Protocol Action or Document Action notices
>        have been issued."

With this restriction, I suspect that this part of the proposal solves
no real or compelling problem. In those cases where an approved
document needs to become an RFC urgently, it seems like requesting
expedited RFC publication has proven to be an adequate solution.

Leaving it in the proposal would seem to do little except invite
potential mischief.

Thomas