Re: Now there seems to be lack of communicaiton here...

> Therefore, I propose the following:
>
> (1) Andrew's decision stands.  Under RFC 3777, the only recourse
> available
>    to anyone who disagrees with that decision would be to ask Andrew to
>    reconsider or to file a dispute with the ISOC President.  The former
>    has already been done, and so far no reversal has been announced.
>    Given that it is now after the close of trading on August 31, I would
>    submit that a reversal of this decision by either Andrew or Lynn would
>    do more harm than good.
>
> (2) Text is added to the next version of the selection process to
> addresss
>    this issue.  I would suggest a strengthening of the existing language
>    about leaving questionable candidates in the list and rejecting them
>    in a later pass.  In fact, it might be wiser to require the use of the
>    original list of volunteers as given to the secretariat and _always_
>    rejecting ineligible candidates in a later pass.  This would remove
>    any need to insure that errors or disputes about eligibility be
>    resolved before the random data becomes available.

Jeff,

I agree that this is the best course of action.

I would also like to express my full support for Andrew's
decisions. Due to unfortunate circumstances, he got into
an unanticipated situation. He's being critized for the
decision to re-run the selection; but given that we had
several, not just one problem (timing and ineligible
members) the other options would also have been
problematic. Not an easy position to be in!

--Jari