Re: RFC Editor Function SOW Review

Joe thanks for the plumber and janitor response.  My response to the same statement would be:

The IETF's Editor's have a responsibility to NOT alter IP that is submitted to the IETF - that can by the Standards process ONLY happen through the IETF's Vetting process and is not the perogative of the Editors.

But there is more - If a Submitter has their IP modified by the IETF Editors outside of the Vetting Process it constitues an adversarial action in creating another derivative by the Editors since they were given a specific set of properties for the particular reason of vetting those IP's - not those IP's as modified by the Editors... that's why the Editors need an arms length from the process.

Todd