Re: RFC Editor RFP Review Request

>Ok.  So I'm not sure what you propose here - should we not require
>rsync and ftp mirroring capability, or should we ask for it, and not
>specify chapter and verse regarding version etc.?  I'd certainly be
>very unhappy completely abandoning the rsync capability.

I think that RFCs should be available via [at least] rsync, ftp and www.
I think that a provider who provided less than what we have now [hint:
we currently have more than that] would be exercising bad judgement
and would probably lose the contract at renegotiation time - so are
we trying to protect against someone getting the contract who doesn't
actually want to provide services, or doesn't actually want the long-term
business, or is actively malicious to the IETF, or what?

  Bill