RE: When did the ID drafts index disappear

I start at the IETF home page, go to the ID drafts page

Look for the abstracts and all I can find is the database interface.

If its not in the index it does not exist.

From: Andrew G. Malis [mailto:agmalis@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 12:39 PM
To: Hallam-Baker, Phillip
Subject: Re: When did the ID drafts index disappear

Phillip,

Did you mean http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/1id-abstracts.txt ?  It's still there, as always.  1id-index.txt is also there.

Cheers,
Andy

On 7/10/06, Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The IETF Web site goes for terrible to worse.

It is bad enough that the site is designed with the UNIX 'hunt and ye shall find (if you are lucky)' attitude. Now the ID index has disappeared and has been replaced with a search by filename.

I am currently trying to find two IDs, one submitted by RSA, another by VeriSign. I do not know the authors of the drafts but I know the subjects and in the past I would simply do a search over the web page with all the personal submissions. HOW ON EARTH WOULD I KNOW THE FILE NAME?

This new interface is terrible. It is the sort of thing that a contractor does on purpose in an attempt to abide by the letter of a contract while hoping to be paid more to do the job right.