Re: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in Additionto ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)

On 06/25/2006 15:55 PM, Stephen Sprunk allegedly wrote:
> the IETF is supposedly about
> running code, and complex equations that the average programmer cannot
> understand without digging up a college math book are unimplementable in
> the real world.  Pseudocode is far, far more valuable than pretty
> equations.

Good point.  While I agree completely with the proponents of richer
formats that plaintext is poor for communicating how things work, it
can't be beat for discipline in creating implementation specs.
Perhaps we should have rich formats for background documents,
framework documents, etc., but stick to plaintext for documents that
actually  define protocols for implementation.