Re: [Fwd: Re: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in Additionto ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)]

On Jun 25, 2006, at 1:41 PM, Stewart Bryant wrote:

As an example,  this .gif extracted from the Y.1711 OAM protocol
would be quite difficult in ASCII. It would take a lot of words
to describe, which many people would then have to transcribe to
some sort of timing diagram - which then may or may not be
correct.

However the text in that GIF is unreadable as rendered in my mail client (MacOS Mail.app). When viewed with Preview and the Gimp, the background turns gray with white boxes behind the (still unreadable) text.

This demonstrates why I was arguing for a vector format, and why I am adamantly opposed to a pre-rendered bitmap format, for diagrams.

--lyndon