Re: Why not PDF: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in Addition to ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)

Peter Dambier writes:

> Just try this good example:
>
> http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/133654main_ESAS_charts.pdf
>
> It is a nice promotion for the successor to the space shuttle.
> Best store it localy before viewing.
>
> It is a nice document with wonderful pictures. But building
> the screens takes me hours.
>
> That is one of the reasons why I am afraid of pdf.

Why be afraid of PDF? This document just a PDF conversion of a PowerPoint
document.  The document is large because it contains a lot of
graphics, mostly bitmap graphics.