RE: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Formatin AdditiontoASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)

> From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@xxxxxx]

> > XML2RFC once made me miss a draft deadline by choking on some XML I
> > wrote without saying why or where, leaving me with an impossible
> > debugging task. Formatting drafts in vi may take longer on average
> > than working with xml2rfc but it's more deterministic.
>
> AFAIK, XML2RFC diagnostics have been enhanced a lot lately.
> And, if it's an XML wellformedness/validity issue, running
> the document through a standard XML processor should help, too.
>
> Best regards, Julian

Whatever the output format it should be very easy to modify XML2RFC to generate it.

To generate PDF I have to do a lot more work.

Perhaps what we should do is to publish the XML2RFC source of RFCs that have it in the same way that the PDF and PS are published.