Re: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in Addition to ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)

Bob,

First, I must request that the Internet Draft be retracted in its present form. Section 4 contains a direct quote from one of my messages. However, the quoted sentence was taken brazenly out of context; its sense is quite the opposite of the sense of my original message. This is intolerable. That kind of behavior may get you elected in the US ;-)
but it does not belong in the IETF.

Please take that up directly with the author. We don't 'retract' I-Ds
but we certainly update them.

How DID it get last called, by the way? If I write up a arbitrary process experiment,
will the IESG automatically last call it?  Yummy.

No. It requires an AD (Bill Fenner in this case) who is willing to
shepherd the draft. The IESG as a whole doesn't normally review
drafts until after the Last Call has ended - that's why we have
Last Calls.

    Brian