Re: IETF IPv6 platform configuration

> *	Only HTTP, SMTP, FTP, and DNS traffic are permitted through an IPv6
>         Native firewall (pings, traceroutes etc. are dropped)

	Why?  Shouldn't we be prompting good firewall practices?

	Droping ICMP was a knee jerk reaction to ICMP echo to
	directed broadcast addresses.  Modern routers can be
	configured to drop directed broadcast packets.  The need
	to block ICMP has long gone.  All it does is make debugging
	the network harder.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC