Re: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-rfc-editor-00.txt

At 12:58 08/06/2006, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

I agree that the main point here is to capture the principle
that the various streams should not be shooting at each
others' feet.

Then forget about innovation and architectural change within the IETF. You will get them anyway. But they will be outside. In disorder. And shooting at others feet, legs, etc. This RFC 3774 affinity group's attitude delayed evolution. To the point a revolution is needed. At least try to support it if you cannot address or unover it (cf. IAB architecture mailing list). There are not many people with a vision. If you push them away ...

Now, RFCs for information may seem confusing. Create a new series and publish what people ask. The INTF bootstrap decided to go with an IID series (INTF Information Document). We are working on the practical aspects (a PDF document - supported in Open Office, an ASCII annex) to solve graphic problem. Why not to adopt a similar approach?
jfc