RE: Proposal for keeping "free speech" but limitting the nuisance to the working group (Was: John Cowan supports 3683 PR-action against Jefsey Morfin)

<snip>

I was a subscriber to both of the DNSO GA mailing lists and I do think the
experiment worked for the most part.  I've seen this a few times and it does
take a load of the main list but there are dangers in the "full" list becoming
a dumping ground for garbage.  Both lists need dedicated people to keep them
functioning correctly. It all boils down to how much traffic and noise
individuals can handle.  It appears there are large numbers of participants
who need to be sheltered a little more than others to retain their
participation, not a bad thing, just a fact.  Anything that can be done to
improve participation is a good thing.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch

PS...I've known Jefsey online since those early DNSO and IDNO days and whilst
I don't always agree with him I respect his right to opinions.  I haven't
followed his postings to other lists but haven't seen anything here I object
to with regard to posting rights.  I wouldn't like to see a blanket ban placed
on his postings so a "full" list experiment would be a preference for me.