RE: Engineering our way out of a brown paper bag [Re: Consensus based on reading tea leaves]

> I'd suggest requiring that the image format be GIF,
> since it's simple, stable, well documented, widely supported in both
freeware and commercial software,
> and the patents have expired.

Actually that is not quite right YET.

There are patents relating to the compression used in GIF
that only expire in August 2006,
and a possible that goes into 2007 in some places.
And from experience, these IPR holders have actively defended their
rights.

But, I doubt that we will come to agreement on this subject
before 2007 anyway ;)

Y(J)S