Re: Alternative formats for IDs

Yaakov Stein wrote:

> Word is of course out of the question since it is proprietary,
 > undocumented, and unstable.  I hope we have consensus on that.
Sorry, no such consensus.
I don't see why the editor you use needs to be open-standard.

The document format needs to be documented. (I think in the context of
this thread it is clear that "Word is... since it proprietary" was a
comment about Word's file format rather than the editor itself.)

	[..]
I do hope that the monitor and keyboard you are using
while reading and sending emails have their schematic diagrams
in the public domain.

I believe most keyboards and monitors use interfaces whose definitions
are documented, available and implemented by multiple manufacturers.

cheers,
gja