Re: Announcement: Notifications List

> Why force someone to listen to the whole
> messaging/applications/rai/weather/snmp/smtp/ldap/foobar discussion if
> all they are interested in is the limited topic of notifications?

I have no problems with insisting that posts to the list be in some way
about notifications, or about how a proposed notification mechanism
will affect a particular protocol.  But I have a lot of problems with
excluding discussions about notifications that "relate to lemonade,
smtp, simple, etc." because any of these might have bearing on the
group's work.  And sometimes, those discussions might need to be
cross-posted to other groups.

Keith