Re: WG Review: Domain Keys Identified Mail (dkim)

> 1. As interesting as such a discussion might be, it has no effect on the
> technical work. The choices made were the choices made. The goal is to
> make as few new ones as we can, not to spent time reviewing past
> choices.

That is almost never an appropriate goal for an IETF working group
creating a standard.  The goal of a standard-setting working group is
to understand and describe what will work well for the Internet as a
whole and to vett that design via wide review, not to rubber-stamp what
has been designed by a small group of people and deployed under
relatively limited circumstances.

> -I'm suggesting
> > the WG tell the IETF what, if anything, is wrong with the bits the IETF had already
> > done.
>
> Earth to Ted:  THAT'S NOT THE JOB OF THIS WORKING GROUP.

Dave, you are not the one who decides what this working group does.
that's IESG's job.

Keith