Re: draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-17.txt

Roland

Looking at the RFC Editor queue, it looks as if this is the only document in the complex web of interdependencies between rfc2401bis and ikev2 and their related documents that is still in the EDIT state. All the others appear to be in REF state waiting for it to finish editing. Why this one, which was one of the earlier arrivals in the queue, is now the blockage cannot be deduced from the database. It would certainly clear out a big chunk of queue (and would fill in a big hole in the security standards scene) if it could be finished!

Elwyn

Eliot Lear wrote:

Roland,

Looking at the snippet of the RFC queue you provided, the draft blocked on a normative reference to draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis, which entered the queue in April. It references a bunch of other stuff, but they're all earlier in the queue, and I don't think they're blocked. I think Bill Fenner has a tool somewhere that graphs this stuff.

Eliot

So currently the ID Tracker says it is in the RFC Editor Queue.

2004-10-04    draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-17.txt
EDIT
REF    draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis    IN-QUEUE
C. Kaufman, Ed.
Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol
Working Group: IP Security Protocol

This is now over a year?! contributing to the
heavy tail distribution :-) I really don't
want to blame the RFC editor (you have a
tremendous workload) or anyone else
for this. I just wanted to know whether
there are (whatever) problems that hinder
progress.

 Roland