Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria - accessibility

--On 24. oktober 2005 18:27 -0400 Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

"JORDI" == JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

    JORDI> I think is clear that we should add some text on this, such
    JORDI> as: The venue should be well prepared in respect to
    JORDI> accessibility conditions for the different able.

Please don't use the term differently abled.  If you must use the
term, please define it.

I think if you are going to have accessibility requirements they need
to be clear enough that participants can know what to expect.
Otherwise you're not helping the participants and you're wasting
everyone's time on political correctness.

"Needs to be wheelchair accessible" is reasonably well defined, and not too much to ask (I think).

I'm not all that clear on what requirements are clear enough to make sense for other types of disabilities.