Re: When to announce a new mailing list on ietf-announce?

If it is ok to create a list under ietf.org, it ought to be ok to announce it on ietf-announce. If it is ok to announce such lists, it ought to be ok to announce similar lists that are running at other sites.
It's certainly OK, but why make it mandatory?

The same reason we announce other major events, like wg formation/termination, and issuance of a new I-D or RFC.

d/