Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria

Joe Abley wrote:

On 13-Oct-2005, at 20:35, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

How about adding that the mean outdoor temperature at the time of the
year the meeting is being held should be above 0 degrees Centigrade?

References to climate conditions outside the meeting venue have no place in this document, in my opinion; they belong in the orthogonal realm of holiday planning.

Not entirely so. For example, there are clearly places we would
avoid during hurricane season.

However, in the interests of community education, perhaps some operational data on the effect of cold winter climates on mollycoddled, temperate-dwelling wimps might be instructive.

Thanks for the implementation report.

    Brian