Re: Fwd: Can the USA welcome IETF (was: Last Call under RFC 3683 concerning Dean Anderson (reissued))

Eduardo,

I think I may be misunderstanding you, and if so I apologize. As I understand it, the original announcement of the 'last call' was not sent in strict accord with the agreed procedures, in that it used the wrong mailing list. As a result it has now been sent to the correct mailing list. There was then a question "should the deadline -- the end of the call -- be as originally announced, or should it be extended?" It seems, I think, that it is only fair that it be extended, in case there were people who did not see the first announcement. This gives all parties at least the required time to discover the last call, read, and respond if they wish.

I think you are arguing that the original deadline should have been maintained, that it was in fact unfair to extend it, but I am not sure I understand why you feel this. If this is how you feel, could you explain? And if I am wrong, could you correct me?

Many thanks,
--
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime