Re: PR action against anyone [Re: Anyone not in favor of a PR-Action against Jefsey Morfin]

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Noel Chiappa wrote:

>     > From: Brian E Carpenter <brc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>     > To put it bluntly, you and some others have changed the topic to: we
>     > don't like RFC 3683.
>
> I must admit a certain amount of bemusement at the current debate, since the
> IETF list has, historically (although not in the last couple of years, IIRC)
> lifted for long periods of time the posting rights of certain problematic
> posters, and the sky didn't fall.
>
> I (and I suspect others) view the current free-speech-at-any-cost idea as
> just one more sign of the decay of the IETF as a body which actually does
> useful stuff.

I don't know if they are related, but your point seems very valid
to me.  IOW, from watching and reading over many years, the recent
(2?) years seems like a "crying" wish to get back to a successful
IETF, back to its hayday (or glory days), instead of what it has
become lately.

--
~Randy