Re: Petition to the IESG for a PR-action against Jefsey Morfin posted

In message <43414FEC.2020901@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brian E Carpenter writes:
>Anthony G. Atkielski wrote:
>> If the IESG has the time to compile blacklists and go on witch hunts,
>> perhaps it doesn't have enough work to justify its existence.
>
>Randy Preshun has already responded, but let me observe that the
>IESG did not initiate this proposed action, does not have a blacklist,
>is not known for hunting witches, and would much rather spend its time
>on technical and managerial work than on netiquette.

Speaking as a former AD -- and as someone who, when wearing a WG chair
hat, had to request suspension of someone's posting privileges from the
WG mailing list -- I can confirm this.  Dealing with disciplinary
issues was at the very bottom of my list of favorite things to do as
AD, even below understanding and copying with our process....