Spencer

From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxx>
On 09:53 03/10/2005, Brian E Carpenter said:
JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:
http://www.neustar.com/pressroom/files/announcements/ns_pr_09282005.pdf
Comments welcome. Is it to be understood as an alt-root? or is it a legitimate hower single operator?

Neither. .gprs appears to be a private pseudo-TLD inside a walled
garden for GPRS operators. It doesn't have anything to do with
the Internet's namespace. .3gppnetwork.org appears to be a
perfectly normal Internet 2LD.

Dear Brian,
I have difficulty in understanding this. You talk of "Internet's name space". I feel difficult to reconcile this with an NGN approach. Also with the Internet as the network of the networks of different technologies? IMHO there is a single name space for a single world digital ecosystem service continuity. May be a good example of the difference between a net-centric and a user-centric architecture?

I agree with Harald. However we could imagine to support their so created name space through a different class, as suggested by ICANN (in ICP-3). Due to the number of users and ubiquity, I tend to think their root system may take the lead in many places (small islands, an international priority) and as an extranet back-up solution?
jfc