Re: UN

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 10:34:06PM -0700,
 kent crispin <kent@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 32 lines which said:

> In fact, if everybody started using one of the alternate roots, it
> would simply collapse.

You're mixing "the network of root servers" with "the root"
(Doc/NTIA). The first is a delicate engineering achievment and is not
easy to replace. The second one is just a desk with two civil
servants.

> There is heavy duty infrastructure, both human and physical,
> involved.

So, I would rephrase Anthony G. Atkielski's thought experiment:

If every root name server operator switches to an "alternate root"
tomorrow, then the "real root" won't matter.