ietf63 network status

Folks,

We are aware of and tracking a couple of issues that we'd like to pass along to you.

First, for Mac OS X users, wep doesn't seem to work with the combination of Cisco 1200 hardware/firmware that we are using. Please use either the open or 1x WLANs. If you are running the Tiger version of Mac OS X, please be forewarned that it does take awhile to authenticate with 1x (30 - 45 seconds).

Second, a small subset of laptops with embedded wireless built with the Intel 2100 mini pci wireless chipset appear to cause the laptop to crash. Current solutions include updating the driver or disabling the wireless in the BIOS and using the wired connections. The helpdesk folks can help you with this issue.

Karen