Re: calendar file for IETF

Hi Elwyn,

--On July 27, 2005 12:06:58 AM +0100 Elwyn Davies <elwynd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It reads in to Thunderbird OK, but the result is less pretty than Eliot's
effort.  Eliot's version appears to lay out the multiple events in a
partcular timeslot evenly across the available space, whereas Bill's
results in different sized blocks and in some cases some of the events
appear to be hiding others.

Looking at the .ics sources it is not obvious why this should be.

Clearly Bill's has additional useul info... need a merge of the two!

One important (IMHO) issue is that Bill's ics does not use timezone info for the times. Since I'm not going to be in Paris, but do want to listen in to some sessions, having proper timezone info in the ics would allow me to see the times adjusted to my own local timezone without having to do any math in my head!

Couple of other points:

- Some lines were longer than 72 characters
- Some SUMMARY's contained raw HTMl mark-up

However, it imported fine into my client.

--
Cyrus Daboo