Re: Meeting Locations

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:12:24 +0200
 JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In Las Vegas I waited 8 hours in the security queue last time to return back
> to my home. Of course the flights already departed and as it was not a fault
> of the company, I needed to buy a new ticket, no refund and of course, I
> don't think the US government will pay for it, right ?.

Did they have slot machines conveniently placed so you can play them in queue ? (They do at baggage
claim, which also frequently causes hour + waits.)

Things can also be very bad getting into Xanadu.

The last time I went to Las Vegas (for the NAB, about 80,000 attendees)
I took a 6:00 AM flight out from DC,
arrived before the rush, and it only took me about 2 hours to get into my hotel room
from the airport, maybe 2 km away. My collegues left later in the day, and it took them almost 6
hours, including a 2 hour wait out in the afternoon Sun for a cab from the airport and a 2 hour wait
to check into the hotel.

IMHO, the IETF is about two orders of magnitude too small to need Las Vegas. Don't do it.

Regards,
Marshall